How can I download my purchase onto my iPad?
If you’d like to download directly to your iPad instead of a desktop/laptop computer to use your purchase in programs like Procreate or Affinity, then you will need to use a third-party app to unzip the files. Here’s how to download directly to your iPad:
*Please be aware that not all products are meant to be used in apps like Procreate, some do require software that only runs on desktop/laptop computers, eg. Adobe products.
- Download an app like ZipApp from the App Store on your iPad, install and get it up and running.
- Then download your purchase from your account, email or wherever you’ve placed the zip file.
- When you see the download window, tap Open in… > Zipp App (or your preferred app). Open and tap on the zip file and click YES.
- Open Procreate or Affinity and import files.
How to import Brushes into Procreate:
- Open a new canvas and tap the paintbrush icon at the top to open the Brushes panel.
- Create a new folder by tapping the plus sign + button at the top of the list of brushes
- Tap on the + button above the list of brushes to import a new brush.
- Tap Import button in the dialog box that opens.
- You’ll then see the iPad’s File navigation. Find the folder that contains your new unzipped Procreate brushes (.brushset).
- Tap the brush you want to install and that’s it!
How to import Brushes into Affinity:
- Open Affinity on your iPad.
- Go to the Brushes Studio. You’ll find the Brushes Studio on the right-hand side of your workspace. Tap to open it. Tap Panel Preferences at the top and choose Import Brushes.
- Using the Files Browser, find the .afbrushes file you want to import and tap to select it.
- The brush category will be imported and displayed automatically.